Mission Hospital Valiant Women To Host the 17th Annual THINK PINK Breast Health Wall of Honor
Every two minutes a patient is diagnosed with breast cancer and women have a one in eight chance of being diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
Mission Viejo, CA – Throughout the month of October, Valiant Women of Mission Hospital will host the THINK PINK Breast Health Wall of Honor to create awareness for the importance of mammograms and raise funds to support diagnostic care and breast cancer treatment for the underserved.
In its seventeenth consecutive year, the event encourages community members to honor breast cancer patients and survivors through a beautiful collection of tributes on the Wall of Honor, located near Nordstrom at The Shops at Mission Viejo.
There are many ways to support the Wall of Honor:
- Celebrate a loved one by purchasing an honor card and include a special message www.mission4health.com/wallofhonor.
- Attend one of the supporting events at The Shops at Mission Viejo:
- Brave Beauty on September 22 and October 27, 6:00 p.m. at Sephora (survivor makeovers, beauty tips and skin care – reservations required)
- Power of Pink Kick-Off on September 27, 8:30 a.m. at Brighton
- Walk for the Wall on October 5, 8:30 a.m. (free walking event at The Shops at Mission Viejo to raise awareness)
- Ride for a Cause on October 6, 7:30 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. at Full Psycle (spin at one of two rides for a morning of fitness and fun)
- Survivor Fashion Show on October 12, 8:30 a.m at Brighton (survivors will walk the runway and share about their journey)
- Evening at Brighton on October 17, 6:00 p.m. at Brighton (guest speaker Sandra Brown to share a presentation entitled “Genetics and Me”)
- Shop at the THINK PINK Pop-Up Boutique on October 12, 10 a.m. at Huit Laguna Beach. Over 12 vendors selling apparel, jewelry, accessories, gourmet treats, candles, plants and more will donate a percentage of sales to benefit the Wall of Honor.
- Barre3 in the Park on October 19, 9 a.m. at Covenant Hills Club House
Visit www.mission4health.com/wallofhonor and click on calendar of events to find a complete list and details.
Together, we can provide care that transforms lives, now and for years to come.